How to Join Staffordshire & Shropshire Land Rover Club and Off Road Club
Staffs & Shrops Land Rover Club can be contacted by post addressed to Grange Farm Barn, Wollaston, Church Eaton, Stafford. ST20 0AA. S&S LRC has a legitimate interest in using the personal data you give to them on this form for communicating with you on matters relating to the club activities.
Your personal data will not be transferred to any other person or organisation and will be deleted from the club records in line with the Companies Act 2006. You have the right to request from the club access to and rectification of your personal data. If you feel that your personal data has been misused, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
If you are unable to pay for membership by PayPal please contact the Membership Secretary Mat Joyce – details can be found under Committee Contacts.
Staffs & Shrops LRC offer two types of membership, a full member entitled to enter and sit in all events, and a family member which is free of charge to partners and children living at the same address as a full member only, but there are restrictions on what they can do so please read the notes below.
Full Membership – £26 per year for a new member, and £23 for a renewal
A full membership allows you to enter all event types held by S&S, any other ALRC or Motorsport UK registered club. You will receive the club magazine ‘Talegate’ through the post*, and you will have full voting rights at the club’s Annual General Meeting usually held in January or February. They are also entitled to a copy of the ALRC Handbook (Green Book) available by contacting the Club Secretary.
* Only one copy of Talegate is posted to each address no matter how many members live there.
Please note that a membership is deemed to have expired if not renewed within one month of the renewal date. These members will then be classed as new members and therefore have to pay the higher price.
Everyine that intends to enter or sit in as a passenger in any event held by S&S must also hold a Motorsport UK RS Clubman Licence – these are available by CLICKING HERE and are free of charge. Other club events may need a higher grade licence, so please check with them before entering.
Family Membership – Free of Charge
A family membership is for spouses, partners, or children who do not need a full membership card (ie. to drive a TYRO, or sit in RTV’s and CCV’s) that live at the same address as the full member. These members receive a Family Membership Card, but have no voting rights at the AGM.
Staffs & Shrops Off Road Club Membership
Please note that all full members are automatically members of Staffs & Shrops ORC (allowing them to drive non ALRC vehicles at open events held by ALRC clubs) free of charge.
Click the link below to join on line using PayPal, and please make sure you keep all details up to date using the membership portal – a printable membership form can be found at the bottom of the page.
Notes on Membership
Data Protection; S&S LRC/ORC Ltd treat members privacy like we treat our own, we will not pass any members details onto any other organisations for any purpose including marketing (except the ALRC, or if required to do so by law).
All full members are also members of the ALRC who require information about them, including name, address and when they joined/left the club. The ALRC have issued the following statement regarding Data Protection; “The ALRC will not use any personal information provided about club members for marketing purposes either directly itself or through third parties”.
Please note that S&S use emails to remind members of upcoming events, and to pass on relevant news and important information.
Rules Regarding Who Can Drive at What Age
- Drivers aged 13 years or more can enter TYRO, or 15 years if in a modified vehicle (Try Your Rover Offroad) ideal for novice drivers or those using showroom specification vehicles.
- Drivers aged 15 years or more can enter RTVT (Road Taxed Vehicle Trial) if they have competed in 4 TYROs.
- Drivers aged 15 years or more can enter CCVT (Cross Country Vehicle Trial) if they have competed in 4 RTVs.
- Drivers aged 16 years or more can enter Timed Trials if they have competed in 4 CCVs.
- COMP SAFARI – drivers must hold a full driving licence, navigators must be aged 16 years or more.
NB – Non licence holding drivers must be accompanied by a passenger holding a full driving licence, who must be a member of a Motorsport UK registered club, and be experienced in off road driving. Plus, the vehicle must be driven between sections by a person holding a full driving licence.
Regarding Memberships & Driving/Sitting in:
- A family member can drive in a TYRO. * Front seat passengers must be 12 years or older, rear passengers 2 years and older in forward facing seats only.
- The driver in any other discipline must be a full member of a Motorsport UK club.
- A family member of 14 years can sit in a RTV, but if the vehicle is a “mass produced, production vehicle” that age is lowered to 12 years, but if the vehicle is “open” then the age is raised to 16 years or over.
- A family member of 14 years or over can sit in a CCV.
- A family member of 16 years and over can sit in a timed trial.
ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST HOLD A MINIMUM OF A RS CLUBMAN MOTORSPORT UK LICENSE * UNDER 18’s ARE EXEMPT WHEN SITTING IN A TYRO